Guided tours at Palazzo Salis in Bondo
Palazzo Salis was built in 1766-76 by the architect Francesco Corce from Milan, commissioned by Count Hieronymus von Salis, a British diplomat of Swiss origin. The palace is made of a large building with a basement, two main floors and a mezzanine floor. The house features the representation rooms at the centre; the living rooms are located on the sides; the studios are in the corners. Among the latter, there is a “Japanese studio” with painted chinoiserie. The roof is that of a pavilion and includes three dormers facing the garden. The doors have a granite profile, volute pediments with the Salis family coat-of-arms. In 1997-1998 the building was restored; today it is inhabited by the descendants of the English branch of the Salis family..
Cost CHF 100 up to 4 persons / from 5 persons CHF 20 per person
Duration 1 ½ hours
From November to April the house is closed and guided tours are not possible.