accessibility and closure of trails
- The road from Ceresc across the border to Tobiadascio and the Monti di Villa is temporarily closed.
- Due to a landslide on Italian territory, the high route to the Turbine Pass remains closed until further notice
- The connection Dasciun - Sommasascia is interrupted, the bridge is destroyed and will not be repaired until spring/summer 2022. The panoramic route Soglio - Savogno remains closed until further notice.
panoramic route Soglio - Savogno
- The entire Val Bondasca is closed for an indefinite period. The Sasc Furä hut is accessible via a new, official hiking trail from Bondo via Cugian - Trubinasca. The Capanna Sciora SAC and all other hiking trails in the Val Bondasca remain closed.
- Due to a rockslide is the trail Panoramica (from Roticcio and Vicosoprano Pleiv to the junction to Plan Lo) is closed until further notice.closure trail Panoramica
- Stop Promontogno, Posta not served. Lines 4, 631 and 632 do not stop at Promontogno, Posta. Please use the stop Promontogno, Punt Spizarun. Reason: Construction work. Duration: 15.09.2021 06:00 - 31.10.2021 23:59.
Cattle on hiking trails
In summer, the farmers take their animals to the mountain pastures. In Bergell, you may encounter herds of cattle in Val Maroz, Val Fedoz, Val Duana and Val da Cam, as well around Maloja. On the heights of the valley you will also encounter flocks of sheep accompanied by guard dogs and goats.
Mother cows protect their calves and guard dogs protect the herds to avoid accidents:
● Keep your distance from cattle If possible, keep your distance and don't disturb the cattle. In any case, walk calmly past the animals.
● Do not touch calves under any circumstances The mothers always keep an eye on their little ones and can react violently in case of disagreement. Do not approach the calves or touch them under any circumstances.
- Keep your dog on a leash Avoid the cattle as much as possible and as calmly as possible. Avoid direct contact with the herd.