Across the vastness of frozen lakes, through forests covered in deep snow
Bregaglia valley offers different snowshoe routes for everyone looking for peace and recreation far away from the hype. Around Maloja you can walk on some slopes and mountains away from the slopes, but there are also marked snowshoe trails and winter hiking trails. And as soon as the lakes are open for cross-country skiers and hikers, you can also walk over them with snowshoes.
Guided snowshoe tours can be organised and booked by local tourist offices. Choose between a 2-hour trial lesson or go for a shorter or longer tour. A special tip: Guided tours at full moon. Recommendations for individual tours and signposted trails as well as information on equipment rental are also available on site.
Here are some suggestions:
- Maloja - Isola - Sils Maria
- Maloja - Pretpeir - Isola and back
- Maloja - Lake Cavloc - Plan Canin and back
- Maloja - Bitabergh Lake - Cavloc Lake - Maloja
- Pro Natura circular trail at Torre Belvedere
- Plaun da Lej - Grevasalvas - Blaunca
- Bondo - Ceresc - Cugiàn
- Soglio - Alp Tombal (and for experts also further to Cadrin)
- Vicosoprano - San Cassiano - Durbegia and back
- Röinan (below Ca d' Faret) - Barga d'Ora - Nambrun
Snowshoe rental and purchases
Giacometti Sport Maloja